Sunday 13 May 2012

Avengers Assemble

As I write, Avengers Assemble is #1 in the IMDB box office ratings (by a country mile) and has entered the IMDB Top 250 at position 31 (right behind It's A Wonderful Life). That's a pretty good position for a comic book movie (the only comic book movie that's higher up the list is The Dark Knight).

But it is a really good movie. I saw it last weekend and I wouldn't say no to seeing it again.

Full marks to Joss Whedon for his writing/directing duties (I have been a fan of his for a long time).

And all of the superheroes get their own great moments (although The Hulk gets the best one).

My favourite is actually Captain America (which came as a surprise to me).

Anyway, great movie and I would thoroughly recommend it.

And it also has the best 3D I have ever seen.

And it has a few superb lines. My favourite is Thor's reply at the end of this exchange (I won't include his actual reply but it's a classic):

Thor: "Have a care how you speak. Loki is beyond reason, but he is of Asgard. And he is my brother."
Natasha Romanoff: "He killed eighty people in two days."
Thor: -----

My rating: 8/10

Outstanding.